Rihanna takes a swipe at GaGa???


Rihanna has said she hates product placements in music videos in what could be interpreted as a swipe at Lady GaGa.

The singer told NME that, although she sometimes has brands in her videos, it is not her choice to do so and she is against the practice.

"I hate doing product placement in my videos," she told the news provider. "I hate it. I think videos should just tell the story of the song. And then with product placement it all just becomes this big ad campaign."

Sometimes we have to do it, for whatever political reason, but it's never my first choice. I don't like things to be so commercial."

Her comments have led to speculation she is referring to Lady GaGa, whose recent controversial video for her song Telephone featured a significant amount of product placement.

However, the Bad Romance star must be doing something right – she recently became the first ever artist to have her music videos watched a total of 1 billion times online.

Lady GaGa is currently on her Monster Ball world tour which she takes to the UK for a second time later this year, starting at the Trent FM Arena in Nottingham on May 27th.